VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i know i must be missing something.
    dlp2 is capable of creating multi-vts dvd's which works out great cuz i have a wide-screen movie with two 4:3 trailers.
    i scoured the help documentation and can't find any info on linking from one vts to another.
    the trailer links in the bonus menu can't link to their respective trailers cuz they're in a seperate vts ; if i move the bonus menu to the second vts, i can link to the trailers but then the link to the bonus menu from the main menu won't work since the main menu is still in vts 1.
    i've seen plenty of dvd's with 16:9 movies and 4:3 trailers, deleted scenes, etc, so i know it can be done, but how.

btw - i know i can cheat and use the trailers as motion menus but i'd rather do it right.

any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Direct link from one VTS to another is not allowed by the DVD spec.
    You have to link to the VMGM domain first and then to the other VTS.
    I don't use dlp2 myself, but you should be able to create something like a dummy menu in the VMGM domain which just links to the other VTS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DLP2 has the bridge object to automate the process that Borax has described. Just drop in a bridge on the connections window, then link from an object in one VTS to the bridge, then from the bridge to an object in another VTS. QED.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thx all. i discovered the bridges after i posted. took me a while [and couple of compiles] to figure out that i need 2 for each trailer - one to make the link work and one to make the end link the bonus menu so the trailers don't loop indefinately or til the title button is hit. thx again for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi maxwell_x
    The bridge is a good think, but I would stick with WMG menu to go between VTS of different format. This is how Pro DVD structure is done.
    Bridge is just creating WMG PGC on its own (at compile) to navigate between different VTS.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thx, tinker,
    i've made dozens of dvd's and for quite a while which puts me at about 3 on the expert scale of 1-10 which places me just above moderately-advanced novice, so i appreciate all input.
    the bridges work fine for now but i will "tinker" with vgm's again.
    on a seperate note - just created the coolest motion menu i ever have. i did one for my mother once using a transparent png i made along with the "pink panther" strolling for a pink panther cartoon dvd.
    this one is an 80 sec clip from near the beginning of hellraiser with the theme for audio, the buttons and the title "hellraiser" [captured from beginning of movie] with transparent background. saw same done in a couple other dvd's - both remakes - "dawn of the dead" and "texas chainsaw massacre" and really liked them.
    had to post that ; it's just exciting when you compile and it turns out exactly the way you envisioned. god, i love this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    He's hooked . . . .
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know where hi is coming from.
    Maxwell try to get involved with DVD Remake, than you will really have fun, or maybe you are there already.
    By the way WMG menu is not any different from VTS menus. Than you can use Title and Menu buttons on your remount to go to different places.
    Quote Quote