VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone got any predictions?

I'm predicting a final between the Vancouver Canucks and the New Jersey Devils.
    Luongo versus Brodeur, what could be better in a final!

Anyone watch the Dallas Vancouver game last night? that was a marathon and a half. It lasted for a total of 138.08 minutes
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm rooting for the home team.

Go Lightning!
    "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon." -- Raoul Duke
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll pick the best in both conferences - DETROIT VS BUFFALO
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. As long as we have Marty Turco, we will not make it past Vancouver
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Marathon is right especially after watching Ottawa toy with the kids in the preliminary game of the night.

Buffalo won't make it out of the east. Vancouver / Detroit that will something to see before the winner is declared to meet Ottawa in the cup series final.

I see Detroit vs Ottawa in the final with Hasek pulling a groin again and the Sens taking the cup.

Well I can dream can't I?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can dream gll99 but not gonna happen

If detroit can keep teams shut down like they did to the Flames last night Hasek won't break so much as a sweat during these playoffs

ANd not to mention we get Bertuzzi back for Sundays game GO WINGS!!!!
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When Bertuzzi's on, he is ON! With him back in the line-up Calgary has no chance. especially if they play like they did in game one.
    I'm cheering for Detroit in round one too, mostly because I want to see Calgary lose.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After the second game of the Pittsburgh / Ottawa series it's evident that Ottawa still has to fix a couple of problems. Ottawa defenseman No 6 Weak Redface is not worth the 6.5 million he is paid. How in the world did he get so overrated by so called hockey experts he's always been like that. Man, that guy's so soft I hear his nickname was marshmallow he didn't like that so they changed it to creampuff. This guy should do the right thing and return about $5 - $5.5 million back so Ottawa can get a defenseman.

Ray Emery doesn't get enough shots to justify the number of goals he's let in in both games. Ottawa dominates the play yet he gets beat easily. Somethings wrong with him too. He should have cut off that pass to Crosby on the goal he scored. He just stayed deep in his net and did nothing on the play. He has to learn to anticipate and challenge a lot better than he is.

Overall a good game for both teams but Ottawa has to make adjustments before the next game.

I'm still predicting Ottawa in spite of these 2 guys.

Stop fooling around and get to work guys. Go! Sens Go!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I watched the Ottawa/Pittsburgh game as well, and it was all Ottawa. Fleury played a stellar game, and Emery, a not so stellar game. but in terms of scoring chances and offensive pressure Ottawa dominated this game. Pittsburgh is going to have to get their act together if they're going to have any chance, however I don't see it happening. I'm rooting for Sid the Kid and the Pens, but I see this round going Ottawas way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Whew what a game for the WINGS huh??? Beating the Sharks 3-2 with only a 1:30 left? Way to go DATSUYK!

Boy that was scary in the first period. Looked like it could end up being a 5-1 rout by the Sharks. Luckily the Wings sucked it up and stood their ground. This should be a really good series
    Quote Quote  
  11. Guest
    Wings suck-pistons up on the Bulls 91-64 though.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ottawa
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ya know .. Im having a hard time going against Ottawa right now. Even though I am from Ottawa and a fan of the team, I just wasnt convinced they could do it. Pittsburgh was too young to pose a threat. I thought New Jersey might give them a run but they stunk up the joint. Last night against Buffalo they were dead on. YEah they blew a 2 goal lead but the Sabres ARE pretty explosive.

Gonna be a great series.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if i had a couple of $$ i'd go get one of those sportsline tickets and bet on them
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bye bye Buffalo
    Quote Quote  
  16. I dont know Master Yoda ... things is not looking good for them Wings.

Dont get me wrong. Im pulling for them. I think Ottawa will have a much easier time against Detroit than Anaheim :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah right - Hasek will kick their asses if he gets to the finals for letting him go last year....

And it's only those damn bounces that got them because they were really outskating the ducks.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Letting him go? The guys body is made of fine china. One fart in the wrong direction and he pulls his groin lol
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    We were robbed!!!!!! All those bad bouces - we were three goals off each of the last games from winning!!!!

I want a recount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the senators will win - Ducks counted on luck too much and never really dominated the Wings.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Bad bounces are a part of any sport. A not so great man once said "if you make your own luck, the bounces will go in your favour."

Detroit played well but I think they got complacent when they were up. They essentially let Anaheim back into the series. This isnt the first time the wings had an advantage in a series and have lost it. Its too bad. Would have been neat to see an Original 6 team in the final

Sens vs. Ducks. Im going to say Sens in 6 with each game being decided by 1 goal. No blow outs here. I also think that given Anaheims' reputation for fighting and roughing it up, Im going to say that Brian McGratton makes an appearance in the series. Yes, Neil can fight but they need/want him on the ice. If the ducks start to goon it up, McGrats will come in.

Should be a really good series.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    should be good unless pronger loses his mind again and rams into somebody
    Quote Quote  
  22. DOH .. I was hoping for some roasted duck. Instead, the Sens got goosed :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have to admit I'm not watching the finals since Detroit got knocked out. But I can't believe this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AtgsfOgjZSwn3qqArU2ejkY5nYcB?slug=ap-stanleycup-...v=ap&type=lgns

Deja VU!!!! Man PRONGER is losing his mind!! What the hell's up with him?????

First HOLMSTROM and now this????? The dude needs to back off on the mountain dew and energy drinks I think.......
    Quote Quote  
  24. Im with you on this. Its like the 9th suspension of his career for this type of thing. Kind of obvious he is a "repeat" offender. They have to make examples of players like this. If it was Darcy Tucker in the EXACT SAME situation, he would have gotten like 7 games. But because Pronger is a star player, he gets one? Blasphemy. Im willing to concede that Pronger does not seem like a jerkoff to do these things with malicious intent. Fact is, the dude is 6'6. He is A LOT taller than a lot of players. But so what? He should adjust his game accordingly.

So McAmmond will be out for a couple of games and Pronger gets one? No way.

I have long been of the opinion that the player who "takes out" another player, be it accidental or not, should be out for a long as the injured player is out. He forfeits the salary he should have been making and it goes into a "pool" of fine money. At the end of the season, that money goes to minor sports or something like that.

They HAVE to get these kinds of players out of the game or at least make an example of them.
    Quote Quote