VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys!
    I have connected an old hitachi vcr with a Hauppauge usb tv tuner,in order to capture video.
    I used the WinTV2000 for that work and the first problem I noticed when I played the uncompressed video in my computer,is that the voice comes first and the picture after.Does anyone know how to solve this?
    The second problem that i have is when i try to encode the video with TMPGEnc 4 XPress.In the encode bitrate settings,I can't use average video bitrate higher than 9200Kb/s.As far as i know higher bitrate reduces the quality loss.Does anyone know how can i fix this?
    Thanks,and sorry if my english aren't so good!

PS:What 's the difference between interlace and progressive framerate?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't the Hauppage card capture to mpg already? Why do you reencode in that case? If not, what format do you capture to?
    9200 is max allowed DVD bitrate - That's probably why TMPGEnc refuses to go higher.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    Doesn't the Hauppage card capture to mpg already? Why do you reencode in that case? If not, what format do you capture to?
    9200 is max allowed DVD bitrate - That's probably why TMPGEnc refuses to go higher.

/Mats
    The video is captured uncompressed,that 's why i encode it with TMPGEnc.The format that it's captured, is avi.
    About the problem that voice comes first and then the picture,do you know how to solve it?
    thanks for the reply!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No idea - As I have hardware mpg encoder, so what I capture can be authored to DVD without processing. Never a sync issue.
    If it's constantly off sync by the same amount, I think there's some way in TMPGEnc (not familiar with Express tho) to add audio delay to compensate.

/Mats
    Quote Quote