VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,

I tried searching the forums but I can't seems to find what the problem is with my Audio/Video sync problem.

I am using Virtualdub-MPEG2 to ripp home movies from Mini DVD discs so I can edit them and make one large DVD, everything was going fine and I had no problems with audio snyc. On this latest disc i am working on, when I load the VOB file into V-Dub the audio is out of sync. I have no idea why, because when I watch the VOB file directly the audio is in sync. I am not sure why this particular disc is causing problem, I guess the disc is bad somehow.
    When i load the VOB file in V-Dub I clicked File>File Information and looked at the info there under the Video track the frames are 42329 but in audio track the frames are 44108, so I think V-Dub is dropping frames when it "parses". It seems the sync difference is the same all the way through the video, it does not gradually get worse.

Is there a way in Vdub I can use to get the sync together?

I sorry I couldn't find the answers in the forums but it all gets vvery confusing, and I am a total newbie.

Thanks All
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also wanted to mention that the sync problem shows up before I even encode the file to AVI, it is out of sync in the preview window of Vdub
    Quote Quote