VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. so, when i have an avi with ac3 audio is always convert the audio to .wav with goldwave and stick it in tmpgenc for DVD creation. i've tried using the .ac3 as is, but i always run into synch issues, or incompatibilty... so i like .wav for quick n dirty DVD creation.

...anyway, when i convert .ac3 to .wav, then play the dvd on my tv, the audio is quiet and a bit staticky. what's the best way to solve this?

thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I normally just use the AC3 from the original file and put that in when authoring. But if you are having problems with that.....

You should be able to raise the volume level in Goldwave or in TMPGEnc encoder. The static noise seems to be a different problem. Have you checked the audio quality in each step of your process? Somewhere in there you must have a problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by buzzinhornets
    so, when i have an avi with ac3 audio is always convert the audio to .wav with goldwave and stick it in tmpgenc for DVD creation. i've tried using the .ac3 as is, but i always run into synch issues, or incompatibilty... so i like .wav for quick n dirty DVD creation.

...anyway, when i convert .ac3 to .wav, then play the dvd on my tv, the audio is quiet and a bit staticky. what's the best way to solve this?

thanks in advance.
    You can try converting the ac3 to wav using besweet. When I used to downmix multi channel ac3 to 2 channel wav using an audio editor, then try and boosting the audio I notice the dialog parts(usually from center channel) are still too quiet. So whenever I do this now I just use besweet with these settings under the azid 1 section:

As far as dealing with the static, you can then import the new wav file into goldwave and use its filters.
    Quote Quote