VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some 8mm 60s film that I would like to delete the "projector clicking" and replace with audio. So I downloaded something like virualdub-mpeg for removing the audio. But is there an easy way to add say a song to the mpeg video? It would be nice to work with mp3, but if I had to convert I would (like mp3 to mpa, but what's easiest?). One thing is I don't want the video re-encoded. I can get my hands on just about any software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your video is Mpeg and you wish to play it on a DVD player, your audio choices are either AC3 or MP2. Find out the total running time of your video so you can determine how much music you'll want to add to it.

1) Demux the audio and video into separate files - you'll only need the video track, since the audio is just projector click.

2) Create your new audio track in Audacity or any other audio editor. Make it the same length as your video. Consider fading in at the beginning and fading out at the end. Save file as .WAV

3) Convert your .WAV to AC3 using ffmpeggui

4) Mux your new AC3 file to your demuxed video track.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another very simple way with a more visual approach.

Load your mpeg video in Ulead VideoStudio and put it onto the timeline. Mute the original audio with the mute button.

Open your selected mp3, wav, etc files you are wanting to add. Place them onto the timeline in one of the audio tracks and slide it to where you want it to beginning and ending. Adjust the volume control slider, fade-in, fade-out points, add filters if you like, volume level is you like, etc. Add the files you want in the order you want them. Test play the project until it 'looks' right.

When you get it the way you want then click - Share - then Save Audio. Setup the properties under options then save it out. Use another program and multiplex this with your video.

or

Setup the project settings in VideoStudio so they match the video properties of your video file then save out the entire project. If setup properly Ulead will not 'reencode' the video, but will Smart Render out the video (direct stream copy) and will only encode the audio part if necessary.

Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  4. So I have one suggestion on step 3 for remuxing and that's Ulead .... any other's esp if I can see see it lined up visually so I know its right?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A full blown editing program, like Ulead VideoStudio, Vegas, and many others, will allow you to 'see' and hear the alignment, where using just an audio editor to create your sound track based on running time only will not. That is why I would use such a program myself. The other reason is that this is a very easy procedure after you get your hand in. Do a little reading and use some common sense in the program and it is easy to figure out how to do it.

And the smart render feature. As long as your completed project export isn't playing your file in slow motion as the progress bar counts off the percent done - it is using the smart render feature (not reencoding or changing the file), just doing a stream copy. You should either see a black screen with a progress bar or a still shot of the first frame and the progress bar. Anytime you are watching the video in slow motion with a counting percent progress bar - it is encoding......

Good luck.
    Quote Quote