VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I bought Intervideo WinDVD Creator Plus recently, and am worried I made a bad choice. I usually capture with Win DV, then convert to mpeg with TMPG Enc. I bought WinDVD Creator Plus becasue I wanted editing and authoring functions. I can easily import my files which I have captured and converted.

However, when I want to break the source file into smaller parts (each of which will form a chapter in the finished DVD), WinDVD Creator will only allow me to do it one way - by using an 'automatic' function. With this function, it checks for logical points in the source file and breaks it up automatically. I want to do this manually, because the automatic function doesn't break up the source file where I want it to.

I can't find any reference in the manuals on how to MANUALLY break the source file into parts - can anybody tell me if it is possible?
    How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On commercial DVDs chapters are not small segments of video. They are simply markers in a longer video. If you break the video up into small clips you will get a series of seperate titles. Usually when you do this you also get small pauses between them on playback.

Think about what you really want to do, and get your terms straight so you know you will get the results you want.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your comments. In a lot of cases, it won't be a problem, and I can see your point. However, in future, I will be converting a lot of music vhs tapes to dvd. The logical choice for chapter points would be the start of each song. Rather than breaking up the songs as small indiviaul video clips and piecing them together (complete with pauses in between as you mention) I want to mark the chapter points manually. Can anyone tell me if manually marking your chapter points is possible?
    How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Quote Quote