VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    I'm trying to make a compilation DVD of various clips using Tmpgenc but when i add the various clips i get error messages re:

Different frame rate
    Different resolution
    Different audio formats

What software can i use to standardise or convert them.Is there a guide anywhere?

I have Tmpgenc dvdauthor 1.6

cheers
    Paul.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First of all, I think you need to do a bit of reading, and I'm not talking about a guide for DVD Author. You may want to look into guides concerning video resolution, audio formats, and PAL vs NTSC. I would imagine that your DVD files are not compliant (duh, just look at the error messages... that was a "duh" to me... not you). You have to know what type of file you are trying to author, is it DVD compliant? I'd start with the "What is?" section to the left and go from there.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    An easier way is to use NeroVision Express. The results won't be as good but it will convert the files for you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks.
    All the files have been reauthored using Nero from actual DVD's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In TMPGenc DVDAuthor trying putting them on different tracks. I know that different tracks can handle different audio format. Not sure about different frame rates and resolutions but it's worth a try.
    Quote Quote  
  6. okay,thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Vision express is okay,but you dont get the menu options that TMPGenc gives you.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Okay,i've created it in Nero Express but when i get to the burn screen the burn icon isnt highlighted?????

Tried loads of discs????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It doesn't highlight. Is your "Burn to device" message showing the correct destination?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Okay i've done it with nero vision express.There is a drop in quality though which is rather dissapointing.Is that normal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by southy99
    Okay i've done it with nero vision express.There is a drop in quality though which is rather dissapointing.Is that normal.
    Pretty much yes. Even with more elaborate techniques there's going to be some loss of quality. The thing about Nerovison Express is it's more or less bulletproof when mixing videos from different sources.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hi
    I'm trying to make a compilation DVD of various clips using Tmpgenc but when i add the various clips i get error messages re:

Different frame rate
    Different resolution
    Different audio formats
    Every track must contain videos that are the same frame rate, resolution and audio format.

By the looks of that I'd say you're trying to mix PAL and NTSC also, which isn't gonna happen in TMPGEnc DVD Author without using something like DVDPatcher to "trick" it.

TMPGEnc DVD Author is an authoring software, so you need to prepare your sources properly to DVD specifications before even thinking about using it. An encoder such as TMPGEnc Plus and this guide can help you with this, or you could try one of the all-in-one DVD converters from the Tools section to your left if you don't wish to get your hands dirty. Be warned though that one-click softwares tend to reflect the amount of effort you put in towards learning the video craft - you generally lack a number of settings that may be required and the output normally suffers. DivxToDVD has always been pretty good to me though.

What software can i use to standardise or convert them.Is there a guide anywhere?
    You need an encoder to standardise them. Go to Tools to your left, and then look under either Video Encoders or all-in-one DVD converters. Guides are to your left under Convert also. Or they are listed on the individual tools pages (guides using that tool).
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks.
    One more question.I know i can make a dvd in Nero just by adding vob files in reauthor and you end up not with a movie but a series of clips.Is it possible to create a menu?
    Quote Quote