VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using ffmpegX 0.0.9k with OS10.2.8

I am trying to convert a FCP mov file into a 320 x 240 mpg file. I am trying for the standard "play on wmp" flavor of mpeg so I am assuming that is mpeg-1. Is this correct?

So I can't seem to find a codec in ffmpegX that will do this. Even when I choose the codecs labeled MPEG1[.mpg] the result is .mpv files or m2v files ... even a m1v file!
    It almost seems like its randomly picking the codec itself ... also it sometimes says it's finished but NO output file shows up in the folder it clearly show in the "Save As" field.

Seems like this should be a one button operation. Can someone tell me which button to push?

Thanks,
    Gary
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The “VCD mpeg2enc” (or its 0.0.9k equivalent) preset will give you an MPEG-1 file with a frame size of 352x240 (NTSC) or 352x288 (PAL). This will playback with aspect ratio 4:3, like 320x240. Uncheck Author as VCD in the Tools tab.

As intermediate steps, m1v (video only) and mp2 (audio only) files will be created. Those two will be combined into an mpg file. After checking, you may delete the former two.

Use the magnifying glass icon, next to Finished, to locate the output file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the speedy reply

Tried those steps and what I ended up with was just an m1v file. No mp2 and no final mpg.

Quite curious.

Here are the final 2 lines from the "Process Information" display.

>> INFO: [mpeg2enc] Guesstimated final muxed size = 6230653
    >> error: could not create save file!

Any thoughts?

Gary
    Quote Quote