VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello...I bought 100 pack DVD-r FujiFilm blank DVD's. It says on the right hand side "up to 8X write speed. When I insert the blank dvd into my drive and start nero...it wont let me write any faster than 1X. Meanwhile a 100 pack of DVD -r 's that I purchased a year ago....the same brand with a 4X write capability, will let me write at 4X speed. I use Nero 6.0 as my program to burn DVD's ...and have really never had this problem. I have tried changing the write speed through nero but when I use the pull down open for speed before the burn process, it only has the 1X option there. Has anyone ever run into this sort of problem. Is there anyway to up the write speed that I am missing?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You don't say what DVD writer you have, but you probably need to upgrade the firmware. If the media you are using is later than the burner, it will not know what the media is capable of being written at and drop back to the safest speed it can burn at. In your case, this is obviously 1x.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have the Lite-On DVD burner LDW-41ss. Ididnt know I had to check for firmware updates . Thanks I'll try the Lite-On web site .
    Quote Quote