VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all. Is there any software outhere that can burn DVD disk to disk instead of many softwares ripping the dvd to the hard drive and then burning it?

Maybe im dreaming but is this possible?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Um, Nero. I'm sure there are others as well. Of course this is for a Single layer, non-protected disc, such as a burned disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AnyDVD in conjunction with your burning software, provided you use a DL dvdr, as many movies are 7-8GB in size. Unless it is a DVD5 (under 4.37GB).
    Quote Quote  
  4. If the source DVD is copy protected, such as virtually all commercial DVDs, then you do need some type of ripping software. AnyDVD will work as waheed mentioned, but I think most people will rip the DVD first, then shrink to fit on a DVD-R. This is mostly for cost savings. DVD+R DL discs are still $6-$7 a piece where DVD-R discs are under $0.50 a piece. AnyDVD has a free trial of 21 days after which you must registerand pay $39. DVD Decrypter does not work in the background, but does work quite well and is free.

If your source DVD is not copy protected and is under 4.5gig, then Nero will work well.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Great help.
    I will try AnyDVD. Can i use it with Nero?.
    I am looking to use a single layer DVD-R anyways on a Winxp system.
    Let's hope those dvds i will try to burn, will fit in a SL DVD-R. Otherwise the good old DVDshrink will do i guess.
    Quote Quote