VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, i'm not certain this is the good forum for that question i'm sorry if it's not.
    I'm making SVCD with nero but when I play them in my standalone player there is no timer on them, it just say: "Play" if I stop it, I have to start back from the beginning, I got one from someone else (he's friend has borrowed it to him and my friend dont know anything about that...)and it has timer on it, no chapter but at least timer so I can stop and resume where I left it, so how can I do that, and is it possible to do it with Nero or do I need another software? Wich software is best for creating SVCD ??
    Thanks for the help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you use VCDEasy to create the SVCD image file from the MPEG, you'll see an option for PBC (Play Back Control). Turn it off, and you should get a timer.

If you want to make a new SVCD from one that has no timer, copy the .DAT to your hard drive and use VCDGear to take it from .DAT to .MPG (this is a very quick and easy process). Use VCDEasy to re-author it without PBC.

Hope this helps,

Cobra
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the info, i'll try this out
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well I've tried that with 3 different svcd now and still no timer, I tried putting chapter, no chapter, no it's no use, I still dont have any timer on them, wich version of vcdeasy should I use?? I'm currently using 2.0.2 should I try to get an older or newer version ??
    Thanks for any help on that matter.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok, I'm replying to myselft but it may someday be helpfull to someone so here is how I finally got timer on my SVCD.
    Using VcdEasy v2.0.2 on the first page you get when you open the program where you can add your video file, near the VideoCD type there is a case that you can put a check mark in to activate an option called: "interactivity (playback control" uncheck this and you will get a timer on your SVCD. remember this is on the main page of VcdEasy not in option since there is another playback control in option (if interactivity is checked) you can add chapter too it all work fine.
    Quote Quote