VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using Toast on a Powerbook G4 867 w/ 768MB SDRAM and I'm using my brand new Lacie burner to burn a 29 Minute .MOV to DVD.

I burned the DVD using Toast's Video Quality: Best setting but after 3 hours it had only finished 1/4 of the burn so I simply quit opting for the "Standard" setting. Well I'm over an hour into my burn and I'm not even half-way.

Is this the standard? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The mov has to be converted to mpeg2 to burn on a DVD. A G4 @ 867MHz will take at least 4x the length of video (1 hour movie will take 4 hours to burn).
    Quote Quote  
  3. So when I buy my next computer - what should I make sure to include so that my burning experience will be much faster?

More Processing Speed?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Burning will be faster if you don't have to encode the DVD first (ie. using MacTheRipper to rip a commercial DVD to the hard drive - then burning with Toast to make a backup - should take 6 min to burn if your LaCie is a 16x DVD-R drive).
    Quote Quote  
  5. yea.... I downloaded that today... Problem is - I had to rip a dvd to my hd in quicktime format. Then I chopped out portions of footage from the .mov file. Then I placed them together using IMovie. Now I'm burning back to DVD... All of this is something for work... they bought me a dvd burner though so it's all good..

Can I edit Mpeg2 data once it's in my comp? (i.e. cut, paste, trim etc...)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, with MPEG Streamclip!
    Quote Quote