VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use DVD-RAM to save TV programs (using Toshiba DVR). I would like to take the RAM and use my computer to edit. However, my Sony burner does not accept DVD-RAM (only DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW). I would like to buy an external DVD-RAM drive (nothing fancy - something just to play my DVD-RAM's with on my computer). Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've used 2, the LG 4120B and the Toshiba 5112. The Toshiba is a much better reader than the LG and it was far cheaper.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I bought a Toshiba 16X DVD-ROM this past weekend for 23 bucks at a computer show, for a friend. I installed in an enclosure for him and when hooked up and checked with Nero CD-DVD Speed, came up with RAM as a compatible media. Surprised me a bunch.

Read speed seems kinda slow, same program, though a backup came out a minute and a half faster than with his 411 as source, NEC 3500 as burner. And that over USB 2.0.

Gave him the reciept, you want the seller, I can get it for you. I think they were from Ohio.

Cheers,

George

BTW, CD-DVD Speed said +R/RW was not supported, but it played a +R copy. Go figure.
    Quote Quote