VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know it sound crazy, but as soon as I upgraded my Nero 6.0 to 6.6.01, my Pioneer DVD-ROM started to stall the computer whenever I played anything in it. I uninstalled Nero, the problem went away!

I re-installed, and upgraded... now CDs play, but at really bad rates and CD-Audios are played scratchy on both drives now?! This is very very wierd? I have no clue why this could happen. It seems that the problem is mostly with Audio CDs as opposed to Data!

My system:
    Athlon XP2500 OCed to XP3200
    Asus A7N8X deluxe
    512 MB HyperX RAM
    Pioneer DVD-106S (slave)
    NEC 3500A (Master)
    Nero 6.6.01

Anyone knows what could be the problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Possibly trying to play the audio in Nero Showtime ?

I think it might have just messed up your file associations and taken the CD Audio away from Windows Media Player, or whatever you were using to play CDs. Easy enough to change - After you install nero, open Windows Explorer, go to Tools > Folder Options, then click on File Types tab. Find the entry for CDA files, click the Change button and associate it with WMP.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    Possibly trying to play the audio in Nero Showtime ?

I think it might have just messed up your file associations and taken the CD Audio away from Windows Media Player, or whatever you were using to play CDs. Easy enough to change - After you install nero, open Windows Explorer, go to Tools > Folder Options, then click on File Types tab. Find the entry for CDA files, click the Change button and associate it with WMP.
    Well, the CDA is associated with WinAmp, and any tool I use to play has the same problem. WinAmp cannot possibly play without scratches, Windows Media player plays it better, but still scratchy, the same goes for Windows own CD Player...

I uninstalled Nero again... still the same problem *Had to restart*, and now I'm playing the same CD with Winamp with no problems....

This is EXTREMELY WIERD! What can Nero do to cause this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Still have the same damn problem.... could it be ASPI Layers, maybe the new Nero update does something to them?!
    Quote Quote