VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I purchased a Pioneer A08 DVD burner in an enclosed firewire/USB 2.0 case. It will not burn when connected to my XP Professional system where I do all my capturing, editing, and authoring. Every burn program I try (RecordNow, NTI...) will not work. My internal A05 works great (at 2X). I then take it and hook the external A08 up to my old Compaq Presario 1700 running ME via firewire and it will burn with no problems. What kind of setting am I missing on my XP machine that would cause this? I just keep getting an error saying it cannot burn (after making a coaster of the DVD-R).

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is your burning app seeing the writer? Check all the menu items to see if there's a screen to select the device.

If it isn't, then maybe your PC isn't seeing it. Go into device manager and check the CD drives listed. If it isn't there, there may be something wrong with your USB connection. Also try another USB port

If your PC sees the drive, but the burning app still doesn't, try Nero. It has a screen where you can manually select which burner you wanttu use, and you can see right away if it's even recognized by the app. If it is, select it and it should work then.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could be a bad Firewire port on the PC. Might need to replace it if possible.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    PC sees the drive as does the software. This happens whether connected via firewire or USB 2.0. It will burn for about 1 minute and then stop. I will have to get the exact error message.

Thanks for the replies....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Are the firewire and USB 2 ports PCI cards? I have the exact same problem with my new USB 2 A08 yet it works fine with a newer PC that came with USB 2 ports. With the PC that I added a USB 2 PCI card, the A08 will burn for 1 minute than fail. The problem is my older PC is the one I do all of my video editing on and I need to burn DVD's on it so it looks like we're in the same boat.

seandvd
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    The firewire is PCI but the USB is a front loader. We are just the opposite. The burner will not work on my new Gateway running XP Professional but will work on my old Compaq laptop running ME. Go figure...

Thanks for the reply!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Ok when I try to burn a disc, I get the following error after less than a minute:

"There was a problem writing to the disc. You can try again by clicking the Retry button. You will need another blank disc ready."

When I click on the Advanced button, I get this:

==============================================
    Sense: 00 ASC: 00 ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Px.dll: 1.7.46.500
    pxdrv.dll: 1.0.61.2
    PxMas.dll: 1.7.46.500
    PxWave.dll: 1.7.46.500
    PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3
    ==============================================

I then connect it to my Compaq Presario 1700 laptop via firewire and it works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd suggest you post your problem at the Pioneer Forum at cdfreaks.com. They have people there that can help you out.
    Quote Quote