VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

Ok, on sunday night there is a sports even that i want to record and its 3 hours long. DOnt think there will be any adverts but id like some flexability to change the thing.

What do people suggest that I capture in for a good 3 hour capture. Ideally I wante to be able to split the event up onto 3 discs to watch at a hotel where Im working (so i think this rules out asf)

Hardware..xp1600 machine. 512mb ram, 20gig disk (not that much free tho) and a Wintv pci card Any help appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. With a 20GB HD (and no space free) 3hr capture is unlikely Try PICVideo with a high setting and low resolution, quaility will go down but that's the only way I see this working, sorry...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, this is Chris,

Why do you want to record a sports event on the computer? Why not using a VHS VCR? If you must record the sports event on the computer, the WINTV program is too big to record anything on a 20GB empty hard drive. The program is using .avi video file, an 8 minute clip would take 1GB of space. I might be wrong, is the program using MPEG2?

I have managed to record a full movie into the hard drive myself, 2 hours of it. I was using the video card in the computer from the video player. The hard drive space used was only 2.2GB. I was using the program, Guillemot DVR with capturing file, mpeg2. The video resolution of mpeg2 is not the best for full screen viewing.

You must get a better video capturing program such as PowerVCRII or some other compressed video-capturing program. Sorry, I can't do more for you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Reason is that i have a laptop and want to take stuff on the road with me. If I can work out why Windows Media Encoder wont pick up a tv channel then i might be onto a winner with that Managed to capture hours of stuff using a 800 bit rate with it..
    Quote Quote