VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i downloaded the le version of FairUse wizard software but it seems to crash alot.

also i cannot seem to be able to choose videoTS folder as an input source (options are only actual dvd of ISO image file none of which can be decrypted to take off protection)

can someone recommend some advice? should i try another type of software?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can

1. Create an ISO when you rip using DVDFab HD Decrypter. No copy protection issues will result in the ISO file.

2. Create an ISO from an existing Video_ts folder using Imgburn of Folder2ISO

3. Use AutoGK to encode from the Video_ts folder to an Xvid/Divx encoded AVI file
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanx for the tips.

i will try all those options
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well it seems that FairUse was crashing because of the optical drive... it seems to be very sensitive to that and if there is the slightest delay of retrieving data from the dvd/opti drive then it crashes. (it crashed at least 6 times until i gave up going straight from the dvd, and when i tried using an iso as a source, it did not crash once.
    however,
    it took almost 3 hours to convert a single 90min movie (on a 1.5gh c2d laptop)
    would using AGK produce results more quickly than FairUse? (with same settings/quality)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Conversion speed is dependent on a number of factors: software, codecs used, bitrate, single or two pass mode, etc.etc...
    I'm not using AGK because it requires a bunch of other software to be installed (keep it pure and simple. 8)
    I'm not using Fair Use Wizard, because it requires an image to work with (too lazy to do that...).
    HandBrake does the job for me at the moment. It is versatile enough and stable. Hopefully, it will continue to be developed and more features will be added.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I prefer Xvid4PSP over Handbrake myself, but both should be fine.
    Quote Quote