VideoHelp Forum




+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Hello,
    I'm not an audio expert. I always use Audacity's compression with the default settings, and it's always worked well. Now I'd like to use only Vegas, but I see the voices are missing.

    Knee width on Audacity default is set to 5.0.
    Lookahead on Audacity default is set to 1.0 (ms).



    Are these values ​​essential, or would it be okay if I set the same values ​​on Vegas, leaving these two out?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Audacity and Vegas do not expose the same compressor controls, so you will not get a 1:1 copy of knee width and lookahead. In Vegas open Track FX or Audio Event FX and add Track Compressor or the Dynamics package Magix ships. Map what you can: Threshold and Ratio to the same numbers you used in Audacity, Attack and Release to the same milliseconds, and start with a soft knee if the plug-in only offers soft/hard. Vegas stock compressors usually have little or no separate lookahead, which is why quiet words can still vanish when louder peaks pull the gain down. Workarounds that actually help dialogue: lower the ratio and raise the threshold a bit so it is gentler, put a mild EQ cut on low rumble before the compressor, or split the voice to its own track with Track Compressor only on that track so music is not driving the ducking. If you need true lookahead and a variable knee, keep Audacity for the voice stem, export WAV, then drop that into Vegas. That hybrid is normal when Vegas stock FX are not enough.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thankls you are always very thorough
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads

Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!