VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked already or is not appropriate to ask on this board, but I'm having some troubles figuring out how to convert downloaded movies to dvd format. I've tried a few programs and burned a few dvd-r's, but the movies have come out messed up or not working at all. I figure I should stop wasting cd's and figure out how to do this the right way. So if anyone out there would be able to give me a hand on the best proccess to use to get from a downloaded movie to a dvd playable on a dvd player (burning help too), that would be awesome! You can post on here, email me at redwings_dg@hotmail.com, or we could chat on AIM or MSN, etc. Really excited to figure this process out so I can burn all these great movies I've got on my hardrive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hmmm -- this is going to go nowhere on this forum
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    short answer - don't download movies .. buy them ..

or rent and watch once and return them ....
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well, there are a number of guides for converting and burning from various formats to dvdr. I am going to take a leap of faith and assume that the videos are in .avi format.

There are a few applications that are close to all in one conversion tools dvd2svcd is one as well as www.thefilmmachine.com

these will automate the process and output to a bin/que file, which can be burned by nero or other image burning software.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dvdSANTA accepts just about all types of avi's, wmv's, etc.

Converts to DVD files you can burn.

Easy!
    Quote Quote