VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    I was just reminded of a saying my mother always says - "If they were $1000....we'd have a dozen of them"

I have ALOT of equipment....like most people here. Stereo(Hi-Fi), computer, car audio, tools, video.....mostly video.
    I have 3 VCR's, two cassette decks, a CD Recorder, a DVD Recorder...etc etc....adding up to thousands of dollars.
    Well....I've been swapping batteries between the most "important" remote controls for all of my personal luxury items listed above...until now. All of my AA batteries are now DEAD and have absolutely NONE.
    Nothing to do now but think of my mom's quote written above....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Two words: learning remote. Welcome to the future.

http://www.ofausa.com/list_remotes.php?type=Premium%20Learning%20Line
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Invest in rechargeable batteries. I don't but it would be an option. Then have one extra set always charged up so you can plop them in and recarge the discharged ones.

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. http://www.kllrboy.com/duracell.wav

I tend to go through lightbulbs a lot quicker
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There were a few VCR's and I've seen only 1 DVD player (the same company that made the VCR's) where there was a docking station for the remote. I can't remember the name of the company, but I've done a few failed searches and I think I'm getting closer to finding it. You can put in any NiMh AAA battery (x2) into the remote. There is a spot on the side of the VCR that you slide the remote into when you're not using it and it charges the battery. However, it didn't seem to be very popular, so it never took off. I thought it was CyberHome or Fisher, but I couldn't find it. I wish I had one of those players myself. I'd rather have a remote that works off of AA batteries instead of AAA. Obviously the AA remotes last a little longer. My DVD player and Surround system are AA remotes, but everything else is AAA. My TV runs through batteries the fastest. My VCR remote seems to gather dust and I had to clean out and remove corrosion at one point because the remote sat for so long without use. That sucks.
    Quote Quote