VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there an OneStep tool to convert PVA or MPG direct stream file to DVD?

I know that by demuxing the MPG file and using IFOEdit for authoring this could be done, but I'm looking for an easier way to accomplish this task. Don't really care about cutting, editing or patching the file to DVD standard resolution, just a simple tool to add a few files, create some chapter points every few minutes, author those files, and maybe convert to ISO.

Something similar to VCDEasy!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try Ulead Video Studio. You load the files select Create Disk=DVD, decide if you want chapters and if so, where. Then burn.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Tommyknocker
    Try Ulead Video Studio. You load the files select Create Disk=DVD, decide if you want chapters and if so, where. Then burn.
    Thanks I'll give it a try.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Tried Ulead DVDStudio & DVDWorkshop and both will re-encode the 544x480 file to DVD standard, but this takes forever so Ulead is out of the loop.
    On the other hand DVDStyler(DVDAuthor GUI) will take the DVB stream just fine and it will create a nice authored DVD with menus and chapters, but audio delays are introduced during demux/mux so I'll keep searching for something better or a fix for DVDStyler.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need to re- encode any DVB transmission to 720/704/352 x 480 if you wish to burn it to DVD.

In case the DVB transmission happens and be 720 / 704 / 352 x 480 (or 240...) then you can use it direct and "as is" for your projects. TMPGenc Author accept easy DVB files with mp2 sound at those framesizes and can avoid the GOP or the Bitrate issues they might pop up during the proccess...
    La Linea by Osvaldo Cavandoli
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try PVAStrumento to fix the audio before using DVDStyler
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm trying to avoid the whole "transcode" process since my SA DVD players work fine with the non-standard 544x480 resolution.

Currently using a Nexus-s card with RitzDVB and saving the DVB stream directly to MPEG2 instead of PVA, that way by-passing the PVAStrumento process(PVA->MPG).

I manage to get around the audio sync problem with DVDStyler by simply adding a 500ms audio offset on the command line during mplex muxing, only time will tell if this method will work for future conversions.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use DVDPatcher to patch the MPEG header to 352x480, then use DVD Movie Factory to author. Excellent results, nu crap re-encoding. Imbecile programs that always try to re-encode even when should not. Forget "do not reeencode if MPEG compliant" or all this stupid options. Common sense should be "Do not re-encode, ever". EVER. No if, but, or what not. It is just that sometimes programmers have no common sense and try to baby sit the user.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Well, most consumers just want to be sure it will work on DVD players. They don't want to risk using non-standard resolutions and hoping that it works on their DVD player. Based on that (the large portion of the market), the programmers do things as they do.
    - The PC Master
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by PC Master
    Well, most consumers just want to be sure it will work on DVD players. They don't want to risk using non-standard resolutions and hoping that it works on their DVD player. Based on that (the large portion of the market), the programmers do things as they do.
    Must of us that visit these forums, and take the subjects discussed here as a hobby or addiction are not your average consumers, as a matter of fact we are a group of non-conformists that won't follow standards set by the industry to keep us "lock" within each type of technology. We're the one responsible for MP3, DiVx, etc. not the industry.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Basicly, you don't wish to do a DVD, you wish to do a xDVD.

I don't know a better way to do xDVDs that the way you do them
    La Linea by Osvaldo Cavandoli
    Quote Quote  
  12. JSquare> Yes, I agree with that 100%, but the thing is that the software wasn't written for us. It was written for the average consumer. As for us, well, some of us are almost smart enough to write our own software, so I suppose we should just do that, no?
    - The PC Master
    Quote Quote