VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i recently made some vcd's and svcd's that play well on my set-top dvd player. however, i cannot get them to play on my pc. i have windows 2000, and the vcd/svcd have some folders with files in them. i have tried double-clicking on them all, with no luck. then tried to open from media player - file, open, go to the files and click, and none will open. do i need something else to open these? i want to provide my customers with a vcd or svcd that will play on set top dvd as well as pc. if i need something additionally, is there a product that will allow me to save the vcd/svcd with a player "attached" so the end user will not have to have an additional media player/plug in on their system?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I did figure out how to play a vcd file on my pc media player. when i opened media player, and went to the folders, i needed to check "all files" instead of "media files" - DUH!
    Anyway, now i still want to play svcd's on my pc. i just read where you have to load a separate player, like videolan to does this. it works. my new question is - in nero, ulead dvd movie factory, etc., are you able to place other files, besides the mpegs, into the burn directory. i am thinking word docs, the videolan player, release notes in notepad, etc.? i remember have trouble with nero not burning my mpeg's because of some setting being slightly off - and was wondering if this will happen also with trying to burn a cd in svcd mode with non-mpeg files. i will try tonite at home, but experinece from others may save me time. - i'm at work now.
    Quote Quote  
  3. #1 you do not need to install another player. in the tools section of this site there is a codev for SVCD that will allow you to play them in windows media player.

#2 in windows explorer use the tools pull down to get to folder options. in there on the tab named file types you can edit the entry for .dat files to make them open with windows media player by default.

to play a vcd in a computer that has no dvd drive navigate to the mpegav folder for VCD or the mpeg2 folder for SVCD. the files named avseq##.XXX is the proper file to play.
    peace out,
    dumwaldo

AWW MA! you know i'm not like other guys. i get nervous and my socks are to loose.
    Quote Quote