VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, i'm trying to burn an mpeg file I obtained on the internet, I received it as an mpeg file, trying to burn with vcdeasy, tell me that it's a .dat file not a real .mpeg file, vcdeasy state to use tool to convert do did I, after conversion when I try to burn the newly mpeg file I get a warning that my file has a maximum bitrate of 2556000 bps and that some hardware player wont accept file with more than 2400 kbps.

Question: how do I convert this file to be compliant ?
    I know a bit of tmpgenc so if it's possible I'd like to use it to do so.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    convert the dat to mpg with vcdgear and import in vcdeasy.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldnt worry about the warning of too high a bitrate,the mpg is most likely vbr with a real bitrate of 2000kbps,just add and make your bin/cue and burn.Ive had the same warning many times and never had problems playing it in my dvd player.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ok, here's some update, when I try to use Vcdgear to convert my file I get this message error: "Could not locate MPEG stream.", but when I used VCDEasy tool "Cdxa2mpeg" it succesfully created another mpg file, but my problem is when I burned the file to an SVCD using VCDEasy, my DVD player has problem with it, cripping sound and skipping video, I burned other SVCD with no problem before, and still do. Here is the message I get from VCDEasy after conversion when I try to burn the newly mpeg file:

"Warning, your file has a maximum bitrate of 2556000 bps and that some hardware player wont play correctly file with more than 2400 kbps"

My DVD player wont play it correctly, how do I fix this ??

Thanks !!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Never mind, I have found the problem, in case in can help other here was the problem and the fix:

the mpeg file I got has sound in MP3 format so what I had to do is de-multiplex the audio with tmpgenc, convert the audio to .WAV using goldwave and then re-encode with tmpgenc using original .mpg as video source and new .wav as audio source. Burned the newly created mpg without problem. Hope this can help other.
    Quote Quote