VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have this channel and I'm finding that the picture quality always varies from fair to poor. It's supposedly a digital channel but I find a lot of macroblocks and other video degradation when viewing the channel.

I tried to capture this channel to my PC and found the resultant avi file, even with lossless Huffyuv, to be of poor quality.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problems? My other cable channels for some reason come in pretty clear.
    Quote Quote  
  2. cornicker. I have recorded from VH1C for a long time from Satellite and haven't seen any abnormalities other then some of the videos just being old.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tommy,

do you still have any of the original recorded files? i have the ones i recorded from the past couple of weeks. would like to compare your capture quality to mine. i have ftp for file transfers.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The quality is mediocre at best on DiSH Network.

I captured the video 'Right on Track' by Breakfast Club a few weeks ago because it is an excellent video for testing MPEG encoding quality. The satellite stream sucked dog balls hardcore! I actually got a better capture at Half D1 than Broadcast D1.

I have seen only a slighty better picture from DirecTV on that channel. I don't think either service allocates enough bandwidth.

EDIT: Right album, wrong band.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by cornicker
    tommy,

do you still have any of the original recorded files? i have the ones i recorded from the past couple of weeks. would like to compare your capture quality to mine. i have ftp for file transfers.
    Yes, I still do have them but I don't have ftp.
    Quote Quote