VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    Anyone own this camera?
    It is really cheap right know and has a lot of features.
    Any downhill?

Why is hard to' find?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have the GR-DV500 (his little brother)
    I don't know what the difference is, but I'm pretty happy with mine. Except for the AWFULL quality for a mid budget video camera at night (with much light, it doesn't matter !) But that's probably cause I have a f 1.8 lens. If the GR-DV800 has a f 1.2 lens you should deff, buy this cam... Cause then you don't have this poor quality problem. But if the 800 hasn't got that lens, you should better buy another camera cause it's not worth it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Same lens on both models, I believe.......1.8.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have this camera and it's great except in low lights. It shoots in progressive too, but it's not advertised on it anywhere. Read this site about the gr-dv3000 that also does progressive. http://robvideo.netfirms.com/
    Hires 300dpi video game cover scans - http://CoverGalaxy.com
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got the GR-DV900 (Australia) which does have the F1.2 lens. Camera's OK but it's automatic volume control (AVC) is pretty viscious in action for a camera with 16-bit sound. There is no input recording level control. Means that you will hear "pumping" of the external background noise level when you jump between a loud and quiet source. Also means the input is useless for recording high-quality music with wide dynamic range. If you want better sound use an external recorder such as minidisc (as I do) or, if you went very-hig quality sound, ADAT, and set a easily observable sync point by recording the clap of a clapper board.

Since this is my first digicam I suppose that all you can espect at the "consumer" level of the product scale.
    Quote Quote