VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a tool to fix Sony Night shot images. Opps ... left it on when filming ...

Without night shot

Good light night shot on

Lower light night shot on
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need a color corrector.

TMPGEnc has one. I assume you want to make the bottom pictures like the top one? It's gonna take some fiddling around to get it the way you'd like.
    "*sigh* Warned you, we tried. Listen, you did not. Now SCREWED, we all will be!" ~Yoda
    Quote Quote  
  3. For a moment there I thought you were asking about the nude filter option of the night shot.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by handyguy
    For a moment there I thought you were asking about the nude filter option of the night shot.

Maybe I should change the Topic to get More Hits ....

IIRC ... that was only on a few cams for a short period of time ....

--------------

Sir Death,

Color correction ... yes, but does anyone know what Sony is doing ? Do I have to buy a vectorscope and compare the shots?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Trevlac,

Premiere, Vegas and Avid XpressDV and Pro have built-in vector scopes to help color correction. It depends on what you have access to. I think Pinnacle Studio 9 also has some color correction tools.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Color correction may help a little, but there is NO WAY to get back to what you would have had without the night shot being on. Night shot changes the input is a very significant way, that's why it can work in VERY LOW light. There is NO WAY to reverse that process.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by MpegEncoder
    Night shot changes the input is a very significant way, that's why it can work in VERY LOW light. There is NO WAY to reverse that process.
    That's pretty much what I discovered; there isn't really any color information. What you wind up with is an image with a shift toward one color. At least that was the best I could do with some Sony NS footage I shot on a very dark beach with virtually zero illumination.
    Quote Quote