VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I copied 2 VHS movies onto my computer by connecting the VCR to my Sony D8 camcorder and then connecting the Sony camcorder to my computer via firewire. Then i captured the video on the computer as i played the VHS. Along time ago, I exported one of the movies that i captured using Windows Movie Maker and it worked just fine. I left the other movie on my computer until now. I've been getting alot of adware and stuff on my computer, so im getting everything off of the harddrive to restart it. This time when i tried exporting it with Windows Movie maker it says "copy inhibit". I thought when you copy onto the computer with the A/D on, it bypasses the macrovision of the VHS tape. Ive tried other programs as well like DVIO and WinDV and I still get the "copy inhibit" message when i try exporting. However, the ArcSoft Showbiz program already installed on my computer, did export it without the "copy inhibit". But the video was weird and was sort of like slow motion in most parts. So does anybody have any ideas for this situation? Maybe a program that doesnt read macrovision or something?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is the video file still in DV AVI format?
    Quote Quote  
  3. i think it is. im not sure what a dv avi is. but the files are .avi.......there is more than one file that makes up the whole movie...there are a total of 10 files. each of them are 2.61 gigs except the last one which is 1.59 gigs. is there a good program that i can download that will export regardless of macrovision?
    Quote Quote  
  4. ok, um in a little rush now. Does anybody know of a program that will export movies even though they have macrovision?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, yes.... I had this problem a long time ago. My PC also came packaged with Showbiz.

When I authored my footage, and tried to export back to the DV tape in my camcorder, it came out dropping frames and buzzing with sound in some sections.

I spent forever searching this and many other forums for an answer, with no success. I thought that my pc was not handling the transfer rate from pc to camcorder.

I have not solved this problem but it would be brilliant if I could... sorry.
    You may not have any luck with this, but if you do, be sure to post a topic on this board with instructions.

The only other way I have found of storing my AVI files is to burn them onto DVDR as data rather than a movie.

Good Luck.
    It's not a Black and White world, to be alive the colours must swirl.
    And I believe that maybe today, we would all get to appreciate.... The Beauty of Gray.
    - Ed Kowalcyk (LIVE) -
    Quote Quote  
  6. if i burn them as data on a dvdr i would need 5 of them becuase all the avis together are around 21 gigs. So if i do that id rather buy the dvd rather than transfering it from my vhs like i am now.
    Quote Quote