VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I have a little complex problem.
    I caputre my DV movies with Pinnacle Studio 9/Ulead MediaStudio 8, then I create an AVS files with function to add DATECODE (DVTimeStampex) to the movie - open the AVS file in virtualdub, and save it as avi to get the DateCode in the movie. (I found that DVTimeStampex it better for me from other solutions).
    After all this, I import the new file to Pinnacle Stuido, Add the effect/Transactions I want, save it again as avi (DV) and then convert it to MPG with Canopus Procoder Express.

As you can see I doing a long way... I tried to use the utility MAKEAVS to make fake avi file and serv to Pinnacle but it dosn't work.

1. when I capture the DV, the capture proccess is using the software DV Codec (?), does it matter which ? (panasonic, mainconcept, Pinnacle)

2. when I save the file in VirtualDub, is it also matter which DV codec I Choose ?

3. Dose someone know more efficent way ?

4. I need to use Color correction/color exposure on the DV, how can I do this ? (Pinnacle have filter but the quality isn't good).

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I may be able to answer some of your questions.

1. When you transfer DV to your computer the codec used is the one in the source. Probably the DV camera in your case. Not sure about Pinnacle/Ulead, but that is how the other software works if you are just transferring DV.

2. Yes. You can specify the DV codec there. Doom9 forum has this disscussion of DV codecs:http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=23dc5c0a618fe2e4fb162bf4372a3247&threadid=33526

3. Not sure for what you want to do.

4. If you are running the DV file through Virtualdub you can use the color filters there for correction.
    Quote Quote