Thread
  1. Hi,
    Is there tools that can record avi movie incrementally to the
    minidv camcorder without having human interaction to forward
    the tape to the place to record?

What I want to do is to archive my recording to tapes, but each tape
    will have it own topic, so I need to incrementally archive my new
    avi to the archive tape.

Currently, I use Studio 9, it does not seem to have that feature.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i know DVIO can send video to the camcorder. i guess if you could find the right scheduler program, you could just automate it. im not too familiar with scheduling programs though, so hopefully someone else can help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the response.

My previous email might not be clear enough. What I am want to have
    is a tools that can find the end of previous recording on the tape and write the new avi to it.
    For example:
    First, I write "movie1.avi" to a new tape
    Second, I do the rewind on the tape for viewing or other purpose,

Now, I have a new movie2.avi that I want to write to the tape,
    I would like the tools to find the end of movie1.avi and append movie2.avi to the tape, So, I do not have to find the end of movie1.avi before starting to record movie2.avi.

If I have to manually find the end of movie1.avi on the tape, I might overwrite part of movie1.avi or there will be gap between movie1.avi and movie2.avi.

If there is no tools that do it, Can somebody suggest how you handle the appending of new avi file to existing tape?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can try this one - http://www.scenalyzer.com/
    It's a nice software to transfer video from/to miniDV camcorders.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i dont believe scenealyzer can do what he wants though. i dont believe ive ever seen a software that can do what you want. your best bet is just to manually fast forward to the end of video1, and then record your new video. as for overwriting or leaving a gap, just use the camera's slow motion feature to get the tape exactly where you want it. you could even add a frame or two to the end of each video you make that has something on it so you know exactly where the end is, like put a frame or two with a small X in the corner, so when you see the x, just stop the tape, and it will be at the spot you need it
    Quote Quote