VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can somebody get me a consultation what miniDV camcorders models allow to record directly from TV to PC hard drive and how to do it?
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have a Sony TRV-25, and I use it almost everyday with my DVR, VCR, MiniDV! It's flawless with Premiere Pro and Procoder 1.5.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Robert
    May be somebody else knows other miniDV models what can do the job?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    they all do ... just connect the firewire and hit record with the app of your choice ...
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, not all
    Now I have JVC GR-DVM80 miniDV.
    I tried to record from TV and it doesn't do the job despite in general it's not bad camcorder.
    I spoke with one guy who knows about video recording more than me and I was told that the camcorder should have feature called something like "pass throught" or similar - now I forgot. And not all camcorders have it.
    And I'm very interested to find out what camcorders have it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ro22ko22
    No, not all
    Now I have JVC GR-DVM80 miniDV.
    I tried to record from TV and it doesn't do the job despite in general it's not bad camcorder.
    I spoke with one guy who knows about video recording more than me and I was told that the camcorder should have feature called something like "pass throught" or similar - now I forgot. And not all camcorders have it.
    And I'm very interested to find out what camcorders have it.
    OH ok ... all the ones ive seen had direct out ... then i dont use a minidv either .. sorry
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I believe most Canon DV cams have analog pass-trough (My MV5i has). I bought it a year ago, at that time most Canon and Sony cameras had it, JVC and Panasonic didn't
    Quote Quote