VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. From cdrlabs.com.....

Malata North America has announced that they've started shipping the DIVA. This new Windows powered device not only lets you record up to 15 hours of video onto a DVD-R or CD-R disc, it will also stream audio and video using your broadband connection.

Malata North America has begun shipping into the Canadian market a revolutionary new consumer hardware platform that combines the industry’s longest DVD recording format (up to 15 hours) with broadband Internet access, VOD and digital video and audio recording and playback capabilities, according to Henry Jung, Malata North America chief executive officer. The units start as low as $399 and will be available through Future Shop (a division of Best Buy), The Brick and Sears Canada by the end of April.

DIVA is an acronym: D * DVD Player, I * Internet Broadband Streaming Device, V * Video Recorder (PVR), and A * Audio/Video Playback of Digital Content on a Standard TV, including home movies made on a digital video camera and edited in MovieMaker. The DIVA is the first standalone consumer electronics device to use the ubiquitous Windows Media Player (WMP) found on virtually all personal computers running MS Windows to record television programming.

This offers consumers the ability to record television onto a DVD-R or CD-R with up to 15 hours of quality television programming using WMV, or over 70 hours of WMA music per DVD-R disc. The DIVA also can serve as a broadband Internet browser able to "stream and burn" Internet-based movies and music like a PC, and supports HighMAT Video as well as the ability to play back digital home movies made with Windows Movie Maker 2 in the family room.

The DIVA-1 ships with a CD-RW and is expected to sell at a street price of $399. The DIVA-2 adds a DVD-RW drive to the mix and is expected to run about $599. No word yet on when the DIVA will be available in the US.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    15 hours on a DVD-R? I'd say that they were talking a load of crap.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  3. should be possible with a crapcodec like wm9...

quality will be doubtful too
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hmmm -- wmv9 is accually an excellent codec ..
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  5. @ Roderz

BSOD on your microwave, fridge and now TV..

what will they BSOD next?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SLK001
    15 hours on a DVD-R? I'd say that they were talking a load of crap.
    Possible if you don't mind only 16 colors and 32 pixels on the screen at one time
    Quote Quote  
  7. BSOD on my crapper!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I just noticed that it's 15 hours on a DVD or CD-R! Make that 4 colors and 16 pixels
    Quote Quote