VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey all,

I've been recently browsing this forum for media information. I recently acquired a Pactific Digital 8x (rebadged Lite-On version) and I wanted to educate myself on the various +R and -R media types out there; lots of very interesting, very informative threads here. Thanks to all who participate here!

Now down to business: I'm looking to get more information about some DVD media I've been eyeing; maybe some of you guys can help me out here?

Sony 4x DVD-R: who manufactures these?
    Ridata 4x DVD?R: Is this Ritek, or another company?
    Bulkpaq 4x Orange DVD-R: Who manufactures these?
    Optodisk 4x DVD?R: Who manufactures these?
    HP 4x DVD?R: Who manufactures these?
    U-Tran 4x DVD-R: Manufactured by Taiyo Yuden; any good?
    Liquid Video 4x DVD-R: Who manufactures these?
    A Grade 4x DVD?R: Who manufactures these?

I'm looking for solid 4x DVD+/-R media, that can/will burn and be read at 4x: what are your personal recommendations, regardless of price?

Does anyone have any information on media to watch for? Like high quality no-name media or was-crappy media chaging over to a new manufacturing process (possibly inproving its quality)?

Hoping to pick up a 25 4x Bulkpaq off eBay for about $40 CDN, in over an hour. If anyone can get back to me before then, I can have some idea if I should snag these or troll around for other media. After while I am paying for the DVD burner, I'd like to start off by finding a deal on media.

Thanks all!

EDIT: Added more media I wanted to know more about

Warbuilder
    Construction of destruction;
    Organization of chaos.
    -Occupation of the Warbuilder
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Check to the left in dvd media and see what it says there,good place to start.Bad deal for bulkpaq,get better deals anywhere else.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. One word.....
    RITEK
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
  4. I live in Canada! Get anything less than $1.50 CDN/disc is very difficult if not impossible (unless you want crap media).

Thanks to pointing me to the DVD Media search engine. All very interesting...hope it has all the different media that I'm looking at so far.

Warbuilder
    Construction of destruction;
    Organization of chaos.
    -Occupation of the Warbuilder
    Quote Quote