VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Guys,
    I don’t know if you can help me. I’ve been frustrated lately cause some of the CD’s I’ve been burning have been skipping on my CD player in my truck. Some of the CD’s are OK until they get to a certain track (let’s say from 15 on) and then they still play OK unless you try to go past those tracks manually. If you do they just don’t play anything. Go back to track 14 and don’t advance manually and they go through the rest of them without a problem. Some of them play fine until they get to a certain part of a particular song and then they just skip (kinda like bounce) without progressing until I manually go to the next track, then the rest of the CD is ok. The most frustrating one of all just happened to me today (and that’s why I’m telling you guys). I burnt a CD about a week ago and have played it about 20 times and today it started to skip/bounce in the middle of a song near the end of the CD (again I have to go past it manually). Now I’ll admit that when I have any of these problems they’re consistent (occur in the same place). I’ve given these CD’s to my wife to play in her vehicle and most of them have played without a problem, others have skipped just like they did for me. I just bought a CD cleaner and used it, but it didn’t change anything. The CD’s I’ve been burning were Fuji’s and a couple were Imation’s. This has only been happening to the CD’s I’ve been burning lately, earlier CD’s (mostly Memorex) don’t seem to be a problem. Have any of you had similar problems? And if so is it a bad batch of CD’s, My Burner, or my CD player in my truck? Sorry for such a long question but this whole thing has gotten to me. Hope you guys can help.
    Thanks & God Bless
    Uncle Bob
    Uncle Bob
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    At first it sounded like your player. But the fact similar problems occur on different player probably points to the media. Does this happen with commercial/pressed cds? Are these rw's? Does it happen with other burned cds?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...

"Imation was derived from Imitation"

Media is the problem here without a doubt. You get what you pay for.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DR. GEE
    I’m beginning to think you’re right (that it is the media). It really hasn’t happened to commercial pressed CD’s. I’m using CDR’s not CDRW’s. Now that you mention it I haven’t had any problems with older CD’s that I burnt a couple of years ago on my old burner that burnt at a ridiculouly low speed (that’s why I got a newer one). I’ve posted this question on other forums and they’ve suggested burning at a much slower speed. That and seeing your last question makes me think I’ll give it a try. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanks for the time and help
    God Bless
    Uncle Bob
    Uncle Bob
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guest
    It could be a combination of both the media and player. Do these work ok on a home player or pc? I have had scratched cd's that would skip like mad on a car player(even while not driving) but would work ok on my pc. I don't know why this was.Maybe these misalign quicker due to the jarring. You may have some subtle burn errors that may only be read on a poorly aligned player.
    Quote Quote