VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am getting an A07 to replace my A04 burner. I have ordered some Ritek G04's (printable) is it possible to burn these discs at 8x speed with this burner. If not does anyone know of any quality printable 8x speed DVD-R (preferable full face printable)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The drive burns the Ritek 04 at 8x. I have both printable and non printable riteks. They burn in around 8-9 minutes. Some of the older Ritek(TDK 2x) will burn up to 6X. Around 11-12 minutes for them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. you will be able to burn most 4x discs at 8x if you get the hacked firmware search the site for flashmans hacked firmware
    Welcome to the REAL world!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's the link for moire info on the Firmware.
    If this is considered Warez please remove.

http://www.dvd-recordable.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1118
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, good news that these riteks will burn at 8x. Is a firmware upgrade necessary or will it burn at 8x with the original firmware. I upgraded the firmware on my A04 so I could burn riteks at 2X but if the original firmware on the A07 will burn at 8X then I wont bother upgrading. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Craig,

Love this post...I upgradede my A05's firmware to burn all 1x at 2x speeds and love it. If there's a firmware hack that makes G04's burn at 8x, I would consider the A07!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Another question...the TDK's can be 'backed off' to 6x. How about the G04's? I may not want to burn a full-blast speed...can the burn be backed off to 6x or is the A07 a 1x,2x,4x,8x only?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TDK 2x can be backed off to 6x then 1x,2x no 4x, the Ritek g04 can go from 1x,2x,4x,6x,8x.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I use the 1.05 hacked firmware and burn all at 8x ive had no worries with burning anything so far even the cheap discs
    Welcome to the REAL world!
    Quote Quote  
  10. also, left column: dvd media has lots of comments on what to use.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Are ther any DVD-R discs on the market yet that are verified at 8X by the manufacturer.
    Quote Quote