VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Usually when something is TOO good to be true....well

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2793822691&category=44929

There seems to be a ton of these on ebay. What am I really getting if I purchase ? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    $75.00 total from an unknown source and unknown media...... I wouldnt touch it ata ll. You can get around the same price from a TRUSTED source elsewhere. I would back off.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldnt buy them personally. You have no idea who makes these. They say its "A grade' but who knows.

Go to an online seller and buy discs you know will work. what the point saving $10 if nothing works.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    True to both...I have used several hundred RITEK and LEAD DATA without problem ....1 Bad disk out of about 350...So why chance it. Was just curious if I was missing some deal everyone knew about...THANKS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i believe they are Princo's

every auction i emailed about when they had cheap prices like that, they all responded back with that the disc are princo's and grade a, one of the best...and some other crap also
    Quote Quote  
  6. This has probably been asked already but which "dies" are the best?
    I know Princo are the "budget" range but are they any good at all? They seem to burn ok, and left in sunlight upside down they lasted about 4 days, meaning they shouldnt be too bad if kept in cases etc.
    I've just bought some Datasafe discs which are RitekG04 die and were more expensive. Anyone played with these before?

Also, how can we tell exactly what "Grade" these or any blanks are?

thx
    Katz
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi arcorob,

Why you have to spend time to deal with ebay to get a cheap media nowaday ? I learned my lesson , if you buy from it, you may get a bad media and can not return, if you return, you loose shipping cost for both way and you have to keep the bad one. They aslo give you back the bad one spindle again.

Go to the store and buy it, you can return the whole set and loose nothing.
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=211398

Use this info to buy 100 of memorex no more than $65.00, I did it. Memorex by Ricoh or CMC, they are better the OEM you found on ebay.
    Cheers,
    Quote Quote  
  8. for $75 (I am guessing plus shipping)?? Hell, go to www.rima.com, www.allmediaoutlet.com, www.supermediastore.com, or a number of other online stores that sell media cheaper than that.
    Quote Quote