VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have one file that is causing me grief and I'd be grateful for any pointers. I've done an update of SVCD2DVD today and no updates were required. The error message in the log follows. I've tried lots of combinations and the file itself plays fine with windvc and on my pioneer player. I've converted lots of files before, so this really is unusual for me. Any thoughts??

******** Demultipexing original mpg file
    warning: couldn't find any valid system header. I'm continuing anyway

(Total size: 788MB, Duration: 00:01:34, Rate(MB/Min): 502.63)

******** Resampling audio from 44.1 KHz to 48 KHz

Skipping....

******** Multipexing elementry streams
    INFO: [???] mplex version 2.2.2 ($Date: 2003/05/13 20:27:15 $)

**ERROR: [???] File D:\dvd\Copy of Firefly_1AGE01_The_Train_Job_DVD.mpv unrecogniseable!

**ERROR: [???] File D:\dvd\Copy of Firefly_1AGE01_The_Train_Job_DVD.mpa unrecogniseable!

**ERROR: [???] Unrecogniseable file(s)... exiting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you start with BIN images?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. (Total size: 788MB, Duration: 00:01:34, Rate(MB/Min): 502.63)
    This is worrying me. 788 MB mpg file and only 1 minute 34 long. Then it isn't your standaard SVCD or VCD so that might be the problem or the mpg is missing a few bits that must be repaired first. Either way the program will not work with the file.
    Greatings,
    Yf
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    in the new log format: Size is the amount of data prcessed fpr the step. Duration is the elapsed time for the step and so Rate is the processing rate for the step. I've done this so that one can gauge performance of SVCD2DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks for that
    It's the system header bit that I was interested in because I don't get that on other typical files. If burned to a CD, the file plays great...

I've tried using some dvd repair tools and bbdmux and they do not see anything wrong as such. A bit of a mystery.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you start with a BIN file? or did you have an mpeg initially?
    Quote Quote  
  7. started with a bin file. The .mpg it produced I then retained so I didn't have to keep doing the conversion from bin/cue to mpg
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I ran into the same problem a couple of days ago. I discovered it was down to the ripping of the bin to mpg. from the History page:

SVCD2DVD now uses VCDGear to rip BIN images to mpegs. Why? Well I found that some BIN images, when ripped using VCD Imager, gave rise to mpgs which had incorrect headers. This meant that SVCD2DVD couldn't process them. Initially the mpgs encoding/structure were considered to be the issue. It has now been narrowed down to the ripping. VCDGear produces mpegs which are completely 100% and it is quicker. Thanks to Dracore - author if VCDGear - for his support & assistance.
    the latest build uses vcdgear. It solves this problem. I am working with the author to integrate the latest engine which will give better results & be even faster. Expect a new build again in a day or too.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I had a similar problem after updating the software, once I rebooted it processed the exact same files no problem. Chrissyboy should you have to re boot every time the software is updated ???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Fatbloke: No. Not to my knowledge.
    Quote Quote  
  11. excellent news on the build - unfortunately .... I have deleted the bin/cue file as I was a bit short on disk space. Do you think there is a way of fixing up the file I currently have?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In my case: not quickly. I tried everything I know (muxing, demuxing, repairing with variuos tools). You can reencode the mpg (if you can get it to load in your encoder). Mainconcept will do this. Tmpgenc also (but mine wouldn't load). Just reencode to the exact same thing - but the errors in the structure will be ironed out. Unfortunatly can take like 4 hours.....

Going forward i expect this never to happen (due to ripping). I must admit i was amazed to see this was the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  13. wish me luck ...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Chris!

Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    In my case: not quickly. I tried everything I know (muxing, demuxing, repairing with variuos tools). You can reencode the mpg (if you can get it to load in your encoder). Mainconcept will do this. Tmpgenc also (but mine wouldn't load). Just reencode to the exact same thing - but the errors in the structure will be ironed out. Unfortunatly can take like 4 hours.....
    If TMPGEnc+ doesn't take it as is, usually VirtualDub(-MPEG2) does, albeit, as the case may be, with an error list as long as your arm. Save away the sound as a WAV, and frameserve the video to TMPGEnc, feeding it the WAV through its audio input. Which seems to be better than frameserving the audio as well. In terms of sync, I mean.

It doesn't take that long, with MPEG-1 at least. MPEG-2, I agree, is sheer torture..

Callan
    Quote Quote