VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear Chrissyboy and All,

I have a problem which I have searched this site and the Net for in vain.

Since I got SVCD2DVD working, I have been churning out DVDs by the ton. My own I keep in the containers they arrived in, 10, 25 or 50 a piece. But the ones I send to family need neat boxes, preferably with a note saying what's on them.

Has anyone found a program to make ONLY *inserts*, you know, the leaf one puts between the see-through plastic on the outside, and the box itself? So far, I found only programs which want to sell you a whole system including DVD labels (I just write on them), booklets, what have you, which need to be used with verrry expensive brand "stationery".

I know that Nero comes with a CoverDesigner, but that is clearly meant to sell ever more of the aforementioned stationery. They do not even bother to explain how to use plain or coloured A4. There must be something better.. And cheaper.

Callan
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Callan
    Dear Chrissyboy and All,

I have a problem which I have searched this site and the Net for in vain.

Since I got SVCD2DVD working, I have been churning out DVDs by the ton. My own I keep in the containers they arrived in, 10, 25 or 50 a piece. But the ones I send to family need neat boxes, preferably with a note saying what's on them.

Has anyone found a program to make ONLY *inserts*, you know, the leaf one puts between the see-through plastic on the outside, and the box itself? So far, I found only programs which want to sell you a whole system including DVD labels (I just write on them), booklets, what have you, which need to be used with verrry expensive brand "stationery".

I know that Nero comes with a CoverDesigner, but that is clearly meant to sell ever more of the aforementioned stationery. They do not even bother to explain how to use plain or coloured A4. There must be something better.. And cheaper.

Callan
    Try "CoverXP" there is a free and a pay version....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Callan
    Dear Chrissyboy and All,

Callan
    I only ever use plain A4 paper with nero cover designer...... Ok its photo paper, but i use plain paper for my cd covers... Whats the point of wasting money on the custom paper sets when a paper cutter does just as good job...
    Just use the "Normal Paper" setting in the standard template you have 3 sections in dvd "Booklet" "Insert" and "Disk" fill in which bits you need click print and choose "Elements" tick which bits you want to print out set your printer settings and click OK...
    Cant get much easier than that...
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    CoverXP here.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I just made a template in Paint Shop Pro and use that...I can then make it as simple or complicated as I like.

I do use cover Cover XP to print though...handles any re-sizing and keeps things nice and simple!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd go for Nero Cover Designer too - just deselect the bits you don't want, and use any kind of paper. Actually I find this one of the better parts of the Nero "doitall" package.

/Mats
    Quote Quote