VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Frustrating experiance here I've previous made a single DVD-R with two SVCD movies on it, both movies were divx4.12 avis created from an R1 and R2 DVD. Everything was converted to PAL 480*576 25fps for the SVCDs. This DVD-R works just fine in my 2 DVD players and in PowerDVD.

Now when I try to do a VOB>SVCD or an AVI>SVCD one of the players will lockup if I try FR (any speed) FF (x4 or higher) or anything to do with seek or chapters. The other DVD player is fine - PowerDVD also has problems with chapters [video freezes, audio plays].

At first I thought it was just some combination of settings used in TMPGenc [AVI>mpv] but after too many tests that does not seem to be the case. I'm using DVD-Rs from the same tub as before so I do not think it is discs and I have not installed new AV software or run MS update. I have upgraded SVCD2DVD via auto update - which may or may-not be the problem.

Anyone with similar navigation problems?

Players are
    Apex 1100WB [plays fine]
    Ronin P215 [nav problems]
    PowerDVD-XP [chapter problems]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    i get the same problems with kvcd svcd2dvd does the job great but when i try to ff faster than 2x i just resets and goes back to the menu.
    phil
    Quote Quote