VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. preferably +/-

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Personally, in my own *OPINION*, I don't think that "reliable" and "under $200" can both be used to describe any single DVD burner.
    Quote Quote  
  3. See current issue of PC Magazine (28 Oct cover date) for extensive, thorough test of burners. Although only one is below $200 (LaCie Dual) they must list recommended prices as I only paid $130 for one that they list at $269.
    Quote Quote  
  4. There are all KINDS of 'em for <$200. Pioneer, Sony, NEC, Lite On, Optorite (Sanyo)... About the only one that ISN'T is the Plextor 8x and probably the other 8x ones when they finally arrive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Right now it seems that the cheapest DVD BURNER that supports DVD-R and DVD+R (as well as -RW and +RW) would be the NEC ND-1300A

For around $120 USD with shipping it can't be beat.

I've had one now for a couple weeks now (I wanted 4x writing and my old DVD BURNER was 2x only) and it has been working great and so far I've been using the firmware it came with (version 1.05)

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would also recommend the NEC 1300A. I have it and a Pioneer A05. I use the Pioneer on cheap media, and the NEC for name brand stuff. I would consider the media you plan to use first however, this drive doesn't get along with generic media very well. If you are going to use cheap media, I would get the Pioneer A06. As far as the <$200 goes, you can get almost any dvd writer for that budget.
    Quote Quote  
  7. the top right corner of the main page always has three writers you can get & where to get them & what the price is StiCckYfiNgAaZ & you didn't tell us what kind of computer you have .....
    Quote Quote