VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I've checked the guides the guides but can't find my answer. I'm using PowerDVD version3.0, perhaps it's too old? I have my VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop and can't figure out how to make it play.

When I hit play on PowerDVD it says there's no disc.

How do I make PowerDVD look for this folder on the desktop?

Thanks, Jerry
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Locate the VOB file in explore

RIGHT click teh file name and select OPEN WITH

Select Power DVD. If its not listed, choose BROWSE fro PROGAMS and go to C:Program files and find POWERDVD
    Quote Quote  
  3. There is a control to do this on the PowerDVD control panel. If you hover your mouse pointer over the little icons in the control panel, one of them will identify itself as being related to switching from file on disc to file on HD. I can't remember the exact wording but I remember that it was not very intuitive. But I know the function is there, I had to hunt it up myself to be able to "point" PowerDVD to some mpeg2 files on my hard disk. The non-standard interface does a good job of hiding some functions that you would think they would want to make fairly apparent.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think you need PowerDVD 4 or 5 to "open DVD file on hard disk drive" which uses an IFO to play.
    You could rip the disk as one long VOB using IFO mode in DVDDecrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hit the button with the drive icon on it(to the left of the transport controls).
    Select "open dvd file on hard disc" , browse your way to the video TS folder and open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. Should work then.
    Quote Quote