VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just got a Pioneer DVR-A03 DVD-R for my G-4 Mac. It came with Toast Titanium; it works great for burning CD-Rs and I've successfully burned data and MP3s to the DVD's, getting the use of the whole 4.7 gigs. But I have been so far unsuccessful in burning a DVD video that will work on my Sony DVP-S330 standalone DVD player.

Is there a very, very basic rundown on how one can make such a DVD? I've been looking for days, and the manual for Toast is not helpful. What I've managed to get is that I might need a file called a "Video_TS" and "Audio_TS" and that I might need "authoring" software in addition to Toast. But as a total newbie to DVD, I'm kinda stumbling around in the dark. If anyone has any info or can post a site with such, I'd really appreciate it. Even though the DVD's I've burned work in the computer (as basic Quicktime files, not with the DVD player), they're not much better than coasters if they don't work in the standalone DVD player--and it's getting a little expensive at ten bucks a pop.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Check out these DVD/miniDVD guides, I assume you verified that your standalone player actually supoorts DVD-Rs?? here:

http://www.vcdhelp.com/spruceup.htm

http://www.doom9.org/mpg/minidvd_guides.htm

Quote Quote  
  3. I appreciate the info--though those guides were not quite newbie friendly. Yes, according to the list, my Sony DVD player should play DVD-Rs though it can't play CD-Rs (so I assume that makes VCDs created on CDRs a no go). I'm coming to the conclusion that Toast can't write the Video_TS file that is required for a DVD to play on a general standalone player and that further software is required. Course for the mac, the available products seem to be either iDVD, which you can't buy, or DVD Studio Pro, which costs a thousand dollars. A bit frustrating.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Those guides are very newbie friendly, you just have to be patient & read carefully...its truly not that hard at all.
    Quote Quote