VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Alright i ripped a dvd and everything and i have a 89min. movie (AVI/Divx) on my computer and I want to burn it to a CD in VCD format. Is there a program where i can cut the movie in half into two seperate files (1 file on each disk)?? Any links to a download or progams names that do this will be helpful. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You rip a dvd, convert it to DivX and then to MPEG.
    This is a waste of time and a waste of quality.
    If you would like to try a better way, incl. your file split problem, have a look at Sefy's guide.

Here is the file split part:
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    Step 2: Press Settings, and go into the Advanced tab, and select the Source Range (2a), select the Start and End frames for the first part of the movie (2b), now select the Output file name for the first part (2c), press the Start button and the encoding will start (2d).
    Step 3: When Encoding of part one is done, Press the Settings again, and go back to Advanced tab and Source Range and change the start and ending frames for the second part (3a), then select a new filename for the second part of the movie (3b), and Press the Start button again (3c).
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    btw, TMPG has a batch encode mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Truman on 2001-09-15 21:50:52 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  3. "You rip a dvd, convert it to DivX and then to MPEG.
    This is a waste of time and a waste of quality."

Newbies gotta learn somewhere... thanks for the help about splitting it

Quote Quote  
  4. Miners24, if your CDRW supports 90min CDR's, you can put your whole movie as VCD on a single 90min disc without needing to split it.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    thers a 90minute cd? i thought the highest was 80minute
    »®»ŦħĄňķŜ«®«
    »®»Life Is Góód«®«
    »®»Its All Gööd«®«
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, there are 90min and 99min CDR's.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Sefy

Where the hell can I lay my hands on a 90 min and 99 min CDRs in Perth?

I only ask because your info says Attadale, Perth and Im in Trigg.

Regards... T 3 X
    Quote Quote  
  8. Unfortunatly you can't get any 90/99min CDR media in Perth, i've heard from someone that you can get it in Sydney, but i've not seen any in Perth.

By the way, i'm in Israel, just have wishful thinking i'll be back in Perth soon ;o)

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote