VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey i was wondering if anybody could write a step by step quide sort of thing that would tell me how to install a dvd internal writer because ive found the writer that i want i just want to know if i could install it by myself or whether it would be to hard or not??
    thanks for help later
    joe
    Staind // 14 Shades Of Grey // Buy It
    Quote Quote  
  2. The burner I purchased came with instructions... Are you looking to buy a new or used burner? Or a bare drive OEM ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    new one so they will have intructions and stuff inside yeh
    and i have xp and it says it supports it so i should be fine
    Staind // 14 Shades Of Grey // Buy It
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you understand primary and secondary IDE chains, as well as master and slave devices, then it is not had at all.

Four screws to screw in and 2 cables to plug in.
    --
    Will
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    how hard it is will be inversely proportional to how comfortable opening up your box and poking around inside.

my first install scared me to death, and took me about an hour because I messed up jumper settings and plugged the cable in backwards.

now, swapping a drive between machines or throwing in a new hard drive takes less than 5 minutes... 2 of those minutes standing around going "where did I put that screwdriver?"

just make sure you don't force anything, and your box is unplugged while you're inside it, and you should be fine. read the instructions, and if there's something in them that doesn't make sense, look it up online or come back here and ask before you proceed with the install.
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote