VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I multiplexed an mp3 file with a VCD mpg video file using TMPGEnc with the setting on VCD.

But, when I try to burn it with Nero I get an non-compatible audio error. So, I tried VCDEasy and the disc burned but it will not play correctly in my DVD player and I need it as compatible as possible.

The mp3 file is 44kHz at 224kbps in stereo according to GoldWav (which I saved it with after swapping the left and right channels after extracting it from the original VCD mpg) and according to Winamp.

Any ideas??
    Quote Quote  
  2. What program are you encoding with ?
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  3. TMPGEnc - actually, I'm getting a buffer underflow error from TMPGEnc after multiplexing. Anyone know a way to fix this?

Works fine on PC but not DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by aumfc
    I multiplexed an mp3 file with a VCD mpg video file using TMPGEnc with the setting on VCD.

But, when I try to burn it with Nero I get an non-compatible audio error. So, I tried VCDEasy and the disc burned but it will not play correctly in my DVD player and I need it as compatible as possible.
    Are you sure its mp3, it should be mp2 to be VCD compliant.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok, well, I'll just start at the begining:

I've got a VCD mpg file that works fine but the audio channels are swapped, left is on the right, right is on the left, so I want to correct it.

I demultiplexed with TMPGEnc then used GoldWav to swap the channels and saved the output as a mp3 cause I couldn't find a way to save it out as mp2.

Then, I multiplexed the resulting mp3 with the original mpg and that's where the problems started.

Anyone got a better way to do this???
    Quote Quote  
  6. Guest
    Simple: Save the file as WAV and use TMPGEnc to convert to MP2. You need to use 224Kbps for VCD complient audio..
    Quote Quote  
  7. do you know how to do this with tmpgenc - "Save the file as WAV and use TMPGEnc to convert to MP2"

I've looked and I can't find it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by aumfc
    do you know how to do this with tmpgenc - "Save the file as WAV and use TMPGEnc to convert to MP2"

I've looked and I can't find it.
    Save the file as a wav from goldwave after swapping the left and right channels.
    The start TmpGenc, cancel the wizard. In the audio source box, select your wav file and select a destination file for your output. Now select the radio button under stream type that says audio only. Click settings. The audio tab should be the only one shown. Ensure it is set to Stream type MPEG-1 Audio Layer II, Sampling Frequency 44100, Channel Mode Stereo, Bitrate 224 and click OK. Now simply click on the Start button at the top. and TmpGenc will encode your wav to mp2. Now multiplex this with your video like you did with the mp3 and you should have a compliant file.
    Quote Quote