VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all.
    I have been working on a method of getting good Xvid/avi files converted to mp files with no loss in sync ready to burn onto DVD+r disk for Standalone players. I am sure this method is out there somewhere. I have been working on it now for about 3 weeks and I am sure it will make a lot of users out there happy. Or at lest I hope it does.

TOOLS NEEDED
    1. XviD.Root.13.02.2003.1810.exe
    2. ac3codec.zip
    3. DivXPro503Bundle.exe
    4. AviC.exe
    5. AVIcod108.exe
    6. Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2 Trial [dmf2fulleng.exe, DVD_PLUGIN_Patch_E_021206.exe, PatchForMpeg.exe
    7. VirtualDub-1_4_13.zip, VirtualDub-auxsrc-1_4_13.zip, VirtualDub-1_4_13-P4.zip, VirtualDub-source-1_4_13.zip
    8. Gold wav
    9. TMPGEnc-2.510.49.157-Plus-ENInstaller-DL.exe

Once you have gotten all tools and your desired Xvid. Avi filer begin as follows
    1. Use Gold wave to open and extract the audio and save it in an uncompressed 16 bit stereo 48,000 Hz format.
    2. Then use virtual dub to inspect the video frames for bad spots. Then remove the bad spots and make sure you record the frame number and time interval where you made your cuts save in Xvid format using the Vxid bit rate Calculator to configure it a close to the original as you can in the compression for Xvid. Set audio to none and save the edited file in full processing mode.
    3. Then reopen up the new file and do a frame search or bad frames once more to confirm all bad have been removed.
    4. The next step is to open your audio file in gold wave once more and extract the exacta sound portion that you removed from the avi file. After you have done these, and you are sure you removed the right portions check the files properties to ensure they show the exacted amount of playtime. In your corrected avi and wav files are the some.
    5. After you have gotten the files the same, use the Tmpgenc to create the mpg files need in burning. When you first open the program set the environmental controls raise the priory of the direct show 2 and the wane file reader to 1
    6. Use the wizard to set up your project set auto to CBR mpg1 layer 2 audio. Then select your avi and wave files. Once this is done click next and select your range to process. In the other settings area go to Advanced and set the aspect ratio to full screen (keep aspect ratio). Then select ok and next one the flowing windows. When you get to the settings window for Bite Rate Settings, changed the estimated file size so it no bigger then 4096 MB. Once this is done start the process to make your MPG file this is a slow method but it is worth the time. Once the file is done use Ulead to convert your mpg to a DVD, VCD or SVCD. Think you will find this to really be a good process.

Thank for everyone’s help
    Quote Quote  
  2. One question:

where do I find the PatchForMpeg.exe ????

TL
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you can find the patch at www.ulead.com or i can send it to you in e-mail if you send me your address
    Quote Quote  
  4. what the??... what do you mean by "bad frames"? And why the heck are you telling people to re-encode again to xvid? Even so, you shouldnt be using full processing mode. Fast Recompress is what you should use to encode something unless you need to use virtualdub filters. I still would like to know what these bad frames are about and why you have to re encode to fix them =\

Also, if you're encoding for DVD you shouldnt use CBR Mpeg 1 as opposed to VBR Mpeg 1 at low bitrates or vbr mpeg2 at higher (>2000kbps) bitrates. For VCD you're stuck with CBR mpeg 1, for DVD you have a wide range of options. SVCD dosent use mpeg1 at all.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry my post got you so upset. i wasn't my intention to order anyone to use it . i tried to get help here with little resolve to the problums i was having, so when i work it out for myself i thought it may help someone else. i didn't say it would be the best or proper way of doing it. so mabe instaed of finding fault whit i did why don't you try explaining it for us poor dumb people that arn't pro's at it.

thx for your support
    Quote Quote  
  6. gah.. well it just seems if you're writing guides you shouldn't be 'dumb' in the subject is all, obviously I'm going to be critical. The guides section here is taken too lightly.. people are going to follow this stuff and if it's a crappy method then =\

I dunno what you mean by bad frames though, you should just be able to encode from the original xvid to mpeg, keeping quality loss at a minimum.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Use tmpge version 2.57,the newest version has problems with xvids.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok regarding bad frames.

sometimes i have encountered frames that show up as bad or unreadable when scaned with vertuial dub. one of the methodes i followed from this forum: when i had sync proublems, told you to scan the video stream FOR BAD FRAMES.

thx ripper for the info on the TMPGE version. i have worked out a good way that gives me very good dvd,s that can be played on standalone players.useing the new version.

after working with the process above i have refined it some rather then post it here. if anyone wants to know what it is e-mail me at i would be happy to help anyome if i can.

Cybermatez@cox-internet.com
    Quote Quote