VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm sure tons of people have posted very similar threads but I wanted to put another variation and get your opinions.

I have spent tons of hours checking which is the best type of media for the Pioneer A05 from this forum as well as other forums. I still don't think we have enough feedback on 2X and 4X media burning at 2X or 4X.

It appears to me that the majority of people are still burning only at 1X on 1X or 2X media.

I have found out that the majority of people claim that they have backed up DVD movies successfully. But, I haven't heard that many on successfully backing them up at 2X or 4X.

I am also concerned about movies that are fairly long, close to 2 hours, as those tend to fail when using cheaper type media as the outer edges of the media are not as good. Thus, I think it is absolutely important when testing, to use a movie that's fairly long to perform your test. This way, we all can benefit from this.

When posting replies please use this template and hopefully people can adhere to this and make it easier (this had worked pretty well in the past on another post so I'll give this a try):

Name of Media:
    Manufactured by (Ritek, Princo):
    Media Certified Speed 2X, 4X:

DVD Burner: Hopefully, mostly Pioneer A05 or A04
    Burn Speed: Hopefully, 2X or 4X

Any issues with the outer edges of the media when backing up longer DVD movies? (ie. Pauses or Choppyness when movie is very close to 2 hours)
    Standalone and DVD-ROM tested?

REMEMBER, PLEASE POST IF YOU HAVE BURNT AT 2X or 4X. I believe we have enough on the 1X burning.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Name of Media: Datawrite (Matt grey top)
    Manufactured by: Datasafe Classic
    Media Certified Speed: 2x
    DVD Burner: Pioneer 105
    Burn Speed: 2x
    Any issues with the outer edges of the media when backing up longer DVD movies?: Nope, perfect playback tested on 15-20 movies
    Standalone and DVD-ROM tested? Tested on various stand-alones with good results

Name of Media: Datawrite (Silvery grey top)
    Manufactured by: Datasafe Classic
    Burn Speed: n/a, burn failed after lead-in

Name of Media: Bulkpaq Purple Top
    Manufactured by: Bulkpaq
    Burn Speed: 1x (fails at 2x)
    Any issues with the outer edges of the media when backing up longer DVD movies?: Yes, last 5-15 minutes of movie has severe skipping in standalone, data reads ok in pc though
    Standalone and DVD-ROM tested? See above note on standalone

Name of Media: Vivastar Silvertops
    Manufactured by: Vivastar
    Burn Speed: 2x
    Any issues with the outer edges of the media when backing up longer DVD movies?: Yes, last 5-15 minutes of movie has severe skipping in standalone, data reads ok in pc though
    Standalone and DVD-ROM tested? See above note on standalone
    Quote Quote  
  3. WOW.. Juzee...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY! I hope more people reply to this.

Again, I appreciate your reply.
    Quote Quote  
  4. May I ask where you get your Datawrite/Datasafe 2X DVD-R's? I heard from people that these are just Ritek Gen04.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Quote Quote