VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone else noticed the unnatural degree of censorship on the forum of late?

I understand that there are some words you should not say on a forum, like the F-word, S-word, A-word maybe.

But even when you type in an H-word, or a D-word, you get an edited version. Every love time.

See what happens to the love posts? love things get censored. Is the site sponsored by the Vatican?

Is would seem just a bit silly that the D and H words, which have been in the mass public vocabulary for decades, are taboo on the forum. love people anyway, we're all going to love in a hand basket.

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a love!" , Clark Gable fron "Gone With The Wind", 1939

" love you! love dirty Apes! love you all to love!" Charleton Heston, Planet of the Apes (not really sure on that one, but maybe you see my point)...

This is getting love silly. Can't we have a "clean" forum, yet somehow move out of the Amish community?

And why "love" as a replacement?...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: homerpez on 2001-08-30 20:31:06 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Okey it's a bit to much censorship....now I only censor every f-words.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry about also posting another post saying this one was 'censored' too... apparently not, since I'm replying to you...

Baldrick, you do an fine, awesome job with the forums, just that one little detail bugged me a bit...

Keep up the good work!
    Quote Quote  
  4. This forum is going down hill because of jerks like you, I wish the administrator would flame more of you jerks. We are here to help each other not see how great we are at bathroom slang.
    The great USA is going down, because of people just like you. Oh and I won't be back to check to see how many "love" you put into my reply, I see that enough from other teenagers.
    Quote Quote  
  5. can you add a kill filter for ALL CAPS POSTS?

that would be heaven

I'm cool with the fu*k word .... but I understand why baldrick censors it

@thxkid jerks like homerpez? who contributes and doesn't have flame war's ??? I think your way off the mark ...
    Quote Quote  
  6. How old are you thxkid? 76? Stop picking on people because of their age. I think you should seriously consider getting help for your anger. You really don't understand what a forum is.

Oh and I won't be back to check to see how many "geritol" you put into my reply, I see that enough from other seniors.
    Tom Green Sucks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also important to note... Baldrick did not flame me. He AGREED with me. He does a great job with this forum, as he always has, I think maybe this was one small thing that was lost in all the configurations... it was a little too tight...

Side note. Even if thxkid were 76, he would have been old enough to have heard Clark Gable utter "..I don't give a damn" in 1939... So he might have had a while to bring himself up to speed...

I'm not for censorship on any forum, but the to the degree of blocking out F-bombs, S-bombs, etc. seems appropriate. Sane, but not Amish.

Though I can think of dozens of times I needed an S-bomb to properly describe the frustration I was having making a working movie!
    Quote Quote  
  8. I just find the concept of Amish people on this site as funny, since they are not allowed to use computers, or TVs or anything electrical (except power tools for building stuff).

Quote Quote