VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by billybanana View Post

I compared Ozivine vs yt-dlp for that Ep 33. 653mb v 654mb, same bit rate, so not much in it. I did see some 1080p files online for the same episode. One can only presume these are being recorded directly from the live stream (as they have the 9 logo and not the 9Now logo which you'll get from any of the stuff on 9Now service).
    This will be the comparison between the AVC and H264 versions of the stream I mentioned a few posts ago. For Ep33 the H264 stream gives you a drastically better version for this episode.

H264 Stream
    Code:
    File size : 874 MiB
    Duration : 57 min 30 s
    Overall bit rate : 2 125 kb/s
    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
    AVC Stream
    Code:
    File size : 653 MiB
    Duration  : 57 min 30 s
    Overall bit rate  : 1 587 kb/s
    Frame rate  : 25.000 FPS
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I've got a working solution to grab the H264 streams but they are direct http/https, so don't play with N_m3u8DL-RE and is a bit ugly in my script, so I'd need a bit of clean up work to produce a nicer aesthetic if I was to choose to do anything with it. Looking at the latest ep of "The Block" the AVC is 2205 Kbps and the h264 is 2124 Kbps, so it doesn't always follow they are much better quality.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
    Looking at the latest ep of "The Block" the AVC is 2205 Kbps and the h264 is 2124 Kbps, so it doesn't always follow they are much better quality.
    The issue is that the pre-summary that shows on this episode that the AVC is higher is much more of an estimate. The h264 variant is closer to the final result. eg. The Block Ep 35

Based on that output summary from yt-dlp it does show that the AVC stream is slightly higher but the end results are different:

AVC
    Code:
    Complete name                            : G:\YT-DLP Scripts\AVC.mkv
    Format                                   : Matroska
    Format version                           : Version 4
    File size                                : 805 MiB
    Duration                                 : 55 min 56 s
    Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
    Overall bit rate                         : 2 012 kb/s
    H264
    Code:
    Complete name                            : G:\YT-DLP Scripts\H264.mkv
    Format                                   : Matroska
    Format version                           : Version 4
    File size                                : 852 MiB
    Duration                                 : 55 min 56 s
    Overall bit rate                         : 2 130 kb/s
    the H264 stream still comes out with a slightly higher file + bitrate. Admitantly this episode shows little difference but with the block this season I have seen as much as 40% difference.
    Quote Quote