VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have a large mp3 audio with 9 hours duration. It has so many songs in it and all songs have been spaced by 1 or 2 second silence in-between too. Yes I can manually separate and save each by select and save via audacity and other splitters etc but the problem is that I have around 70 such files. So kindly tell me some software which can automatically extract each song and save (even save by numbers 1, 2 , 3 shall do my job) Thanx in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Love View Post
    Hi, I have a large mp3 audio with 9 hours duration. It has so many songs in it and all songs have been spaced by 1 or 2 second silence in-between too. Yes I can manually separate and save each by select and save via audacity and other splitters etc but the problem is that I have around 70 such files. So kindly tell me some software which can automatically extract each song and save (even save by numbers 1, 2 , 3 shall do my job) Thanx in advance.
    I doubt if there is an audio software that would do exactly what you are asking. Manual option is the only way to do such a job.
    I would start by using Audacity and put markers in those silent 1-2 seconds (either manual or use Audacity plugins) and then use Audacity to export individual sections between each markers.
    Another option I might try is to use audio-text generation so that I would know from the lyrics timestamps when each song finishes and next song starts. I would start by splitting the 9 hours into 9 one hour files (making sure each file ends in a song - you don't want to cut the last song in half). This will help the audio-text generation to deal with instead of a full 9 hours audio file. Generation of the lyrics can be an added advantage to your songs collection albums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx.. yes placing markers and extraction is definitely the last option.. There was some software perhaps Replay Music or some other name which used to detect silence between songs while recording from some streaming media websites like deezer etc.. May be someone here can develop a script or logic which Replay used .. Yes my case is not via streaming media as I have a file in my pc but the logic to detect silence may be used in a script if someone here can take interest.
    Quote Quote